Hey, Matt and Pat here.
With all the COVID-19 changes happening at the moment, we want to reassure you that we are considered an essential service. So it’s business as usual (with a few changes) for us. Read on to find out how we have modified the way we work.
Plus, with so many people now working from home, we’ve got a few tips to help you set up an efficient workspace.
Remember, at Ku-ring-gai Electrical Service, your health and safety have always been important to us. For all your home, office and ‘working from home’ wiring needs, call us on 0418 442 578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matt Cox & Pat Dobbs
Is your home office working efficiently?
Many people have an area of their home that’s set up as a ‘home office’. However, if you are now required to spend your days working from home, you may need a better and more efficient workspace. Here’s how we can help you:
- Go hi-tech throughout your home with wireless data access points
Wi-Fi is great but it can suffer from drop-outs that will impact your worktime efficiency. You might even find that with more family members requiring access at the same time, your whole home internet system could be sluggish.
Then there’s the issue of location. If your wireless access point (which includes your modem) is some distance from your desk, your Wi-Fi signal could struggle to get around your walls. This will vary depending on the construction materials of your walls and number of walls between your computer and the access point.
You can get plug-in boosters, but their abilities vary by brand and again by the walls between your computer and the modem.
Wireless Access Points (also known as WAPs or APs) look similar to broadband routers. They enable all of your Wi-Fi devices to connect without a cable and allow you to create your own local area network (LAN) – just like you probably have at work. We can install data access points so you can set up your own LAN system.
Get in touch if you would like to investigate your options or to ask us to install data points exactly where you need them.
- Extra Powerpoints
Laptops are great but their battery life may not be up to a full day’s work. Or perhaps you need to use a printer and you simply don’t have enough powerpoints to plug everything in.
We can install double or 4-gang powerpoints so you can have everything plugged in and recharging wherever you (and any other family members) need to work.
- Light up your desk
Good lighting helps to prevent eyestrain and improve efficiency at work so if your home office has been lacking a bit of light, we can help.
Your options include downlights above your desk. Or, if you have overhead cupboards, we can install strip lighting beneath the overhead cupboards so the light will shine directly onto your work area.
For advice, simply email a photo of your desk situation with your best contact details (phone or email). Our email address is email@example.com
- Want a landline phone point near your desk?
You don’t need to contact the phone companies. Contact us instead.
Working from home might be your new normal
For the foreseeable future, working from home could be your new normal. That’s why we’re suggesting you investigate your options and look for ways to create an efficient workplace at home.
We have a new process for quoting due to the new COID-19 restrictions, so please read on to see how we are helping to protect the health of you and your family.
Keeping you safe is our priority
The comfort and safety of all our wonderful customers has always been our priority so we need to make a few minor changes to ensure we are adhering to the new Government guidelines.
- Powering homes and keeping them electrically safe is still an essential service. However, quoting isn’t. But we have that sorted. Simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your name and best contact details
- A description of what you would like us to do
- Photos of either the problem or the installation site (e.g. for powerpoints, strip lighting or data access points)We’ll then give you a ballpark figure so you know what to expect. If you would like to proceed, we’ll arrange your installation appointment.
- Cleanliness helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so each team member will wash their hands before they enter your home. We won’t shake your hand and we’ll practice social distancing as well.
- None of the team have been overseas for a while. That means our holidays have been a bit dull, but now we think staying at home was a good idea. 😊
- If you need us to do anything else because you are in the “at risk” category, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.