How to get the right light for your home office or kids’ study area
Shorter daylight hours means more time with the lights on. The right lighting in your kids’ study areas and/or your home office makes working easier and more comfortable. Importantly, it also helps to minimise the risk of eye strain.
Here are 5 tips to shed the right light in your home office or kids’ study area.
- For the brightest light, go for cool white globes.
- LED downlights are a great option because they have a wide beam which reflects light off your walls and cupboards.
- Wherever possible, position your downlights directly above the desk area.
- If you have shelves or cupboards above your desk, LED strip lighting kits are an ideal solution, thanks to their simple plug-in installation.
- Desk lamps are another way to shed extra light on your work. Just make sure you use LED globes to reduce the risk of overheating or burns. (Burns become an issue when the lamp is close to your skin – especially for your kids.)
For information and advice about home and office lighting, call us on 0418 442 578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping warm from the ground up
As the days and nights get cooler, there’s nothing better than coming home to a nice warm house and underfloor heating is becoming a popular alternative.
Improved technology and design over recent years have led to kits that are easier to install and provide better heating for all types of floor surfaces and room sizes.
Underfloor heating has several advantages over traditional heating systems, including:
- Economy and efficiency – underfloor heating takes advantage of the combined effects of hot air rising and the way concrete and tiles retain heat. This makes it a very economical option.
- It produces radiant heat – heat is evenly distributed throughout the room, eliminating any hot or cold spots.
- There are no moving parts which means underfloor heating is maintenance free.
- There are no hot surfaces, making it very safe especially if you have curious little people or pets.
- They come with thermostats, so you are in control of your comfort and energy use.
- Underfloor heating is completely quiet, hidden from view and doesn’t take up valuable floor space in your home.
- If your energy provider offers time-of-use electricity rates, you can use the underfloor heating when rates are at their cheapest and use the thermal mass of the floor to help maintain the heat. That way you avoid using your heating when power tariffs are at their highest.
For new builds and additions, we can easily install lengths of heating cable in the screed or slab. For existing homes, some new options are available that make installation simpler than ever, such as pre-configured mat roll kits that can be laid under tiles, carpet, laminate and floating timber flooring.
Contact us to discuss how underfloor heating could work in your home.
For all your home and office wiring needs, contact Ku-ring-gai Electrical Service on
0418 442 578 or email email@example.com to arrange a time for our team to visit you.